Hello lovelies! How is winter treating everyone? Are you beating the blues, keeping your hands moisturized, and showing off your cutest winter coat?
On my end, I've just about had it with winter! I don't know what it is, but every year around this time I become extremely unmotivated, restless, and lax in my beauty routines. It's all I can do to fall out of bed in the mornings.
Here are some tips for a healthier, happier winter:
* Moisturize! Your skin is sensitive and going from warm indoors to the chilly outdoors can give you some itchy, dry skin. Your hands, scalp, and face will suffer the most, but my back always gets really itchy during wintertime too. Add some olive oil to your bathwater, or slather on your favorite lotion at least twice a day.
* Drink tea! Colds and congestion are rampant, and I've just now gotten over a bad cold. Tea will help your throat and chest, plus give you a contented feeling. It's also an opportunity to pamper your skin! Green tea is excellent for your skin. Throw in some honey and lemon, and you've got a beauty cocktail.
* Light candles. Scented candles are illuminating and lend a cozy, special quality to your surroundings.
* Got dandruff? My scalp loves to flake during winter, so I make sure to rinse with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water. Your hair won't reek when it dries, but if there is an unpleasant smell your products should cover it up.
* Read a good book. Take these dark, solitary winter months as an opportunity to study an interesting subject, or read a new book. I'm on a true crime kick at the moment, but it's been giving me weird dreams so I might have to stop.
* Rearrange your bedroom. It's amazing what a few tweaks can do to your mood. I moved my bed the other day and the quality of my sleep has been much improved.
* Go to the theatre! It's yucky outside, but you can surely take in a local play or see a new movie.
* Make plans. Make lists. Make goals. Spring and summer are fast approaching! We'll all feel better when they arrive, but until they do we can do something productive.
* Get a new hair cut or color. I'm FINALLY getting my hair done this Friday. I hate to admit it, but I haven't had a cut since last October. I can't wait for the confidence boost.
That's all for now!