Ok, we all know that there are certain things our body needs to function healthily. While growing up, we are told to take vitamins, eat veggies, and drink milk. As adults, we are constantly inundated with warnings about obesity and diabetes. Not to mention all the health and beauty practices of celebrities being shoved down our throats via magazines and television. But how many of us actually take these things seriously? Do we see a beautiful, healthy actor and assume they are simply genetically endowed in ways we are not? So many people, and I used to be one of them, look at actors as gods. We believe they are not only naturally superior to us, but that they have the money to secure health and beauty treatments. WRONG!
Anyone can look like a celebrity. But to do so, you must go beyond hair extensions and tanning beds. They say beauty begins on the inside, and this is true. We may be so used to consuming processed foods and bad carbs that we believe eating and living well is beyond our strength. Nonsense! All it takes are a few tweaks. You may find that living healthily is easier after a few days. You will be excited about the prospect of clearer skin, healthier hair, renewed energy, and weight loss. It may give you a sense of pride to take care of yourself.
First of all, it's essential to have a good supplement program. This is one of your biggest beauty weapons. Take them morning, afternoon, or night, but take them! Supplements will give you the necessary nutrients to keep your body functioning well, which in turn will make you happier and more energetic. They will also give you unimaginable beauty benefits!
* Omega 3 Fish Oil. Excellent for cardiovascular and brain health, this capsule is also great for a glowing, soft complexion. Fish Oil has been proven to aid in weight loss! Take two a day.
* Vitamin C. Strengthens the immune system and helps fight infections and illness. Also gives you a boost of energy. Vitamin C is a collagen booster, which means good skin! Take one a day!
* Gellatin. Take gellatin throughout your life and enjoy limber, healthy joints and bones. You will never have a bone/joint problem if you take these faithfully. Two a day is right.
* CoQ10. This baby is a miracle pill. It benefits your heart, kidneys, maintains blood pressure and insulin levels, and battles fat! People with diabetes and low blood pressure should consult a doctor before taking CoQ10. It significately lowers these things, so it could be unhealthy in some cases.
* Chromium. Great for weight loss and maintenance. Enough said! High levels can be toxic, so just take one a day.
* Vitamins D and A. Got this one from a dermatologist. These are the best vitamins for healthy, gorgeous skin!
Research all your supplemental options! This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are many more amazing supplements out there! I recommend a book called "The Truth About Beauty" by Kat James. Kat was a tired, miserable, overweight binge-eater who transformed her face, body, and health by taking supplements and changing her eating habits. She is a big believer in the power of vitamins and supplements, so this would be a great read. She breaks down the best supplements for different results, both health and beauty wise.
Your body needs the right kind of fuel to perform at its best. People have different constitutions and chemistries. What works for one person will not work for another. Case in point: I struggled for a year to lose weight. I cut out processed foods, drank only water, exercised, and ate only whole wheat when I had carbs. I didn't lose a pound. I did Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet, cutting out everything but low-fat dairy, veggies, and lean meat, and lost nearly 10 pounds in less than two weeks. The weight stayed off even after I indulged in some margaritas. It wasn't until I ate a piece of red velvet cake that I IMMEDIATELY, by the next morning, gained almost three pounds. My body simply cannot have these kinds of foods and not gain weight. I can't even have healthy grains! But that's fine! At least I know what it takes for me to lose weight and feel my best. Many people still don't know the secret to their personal weight loss.
So experiment. See what works for you. Many people are "allergic" to bad carbs, like me. If you feel sluggish after eating them, stay puffy and fat, and crave them, you may benefit from the South Beach Diet.
Whatever your constitution, there are foods that are ALWAYS good and safe to eat.
* Veggies. Eat broccoli, spinach, and other greens.
* Meat. Turkey bacon is delicious! It also averages about 35 calories a slice. Amazing! Chicken is good too. Saturate it in some good dressing for an hour, then bake it in the oven. Have a steak maybe once a week. This meat is delicous, decadent, and filling. It's also a kung-pow combo of iron and protein.
* Low-fat dairy. Get some carb smart yogurt, it makes a great breakfast. Especially with some chopped pecans thrown in. Cheese makes a great snack.
Teas are a great way to control your waistline and beautify yourself. I drink two huge mason jars of green tea a day. Kat James says green tea is the ultimate beauty and health elixir. It also burns fat! Oolong tea is another good healthy tea. It controls weight too.
And let's not forget the number one health, beauty, and weight loss elixir out there: pure, healthy water!
Ok, let's run down what I've said so far. For inner health:
* Take the right supplements every day
* Eat the right foods for your particular constitution
* Drink tea and water
Pretty basic, huh? Perhaps, but I guarantee that this is what the healthiest celebrities do every day of their lives.