Time to divulge some of my favorite beauty secrets and hopefully learn some from you all!
* NEVER spend money on a body scrub. You can make one of as good quality with ingredients from your own kitchen. A favorite is to mix olive oil and sugar, either white or brown. You want the consistency to be almost like a paste. Sugar is an excellent exfoliant and the oil leaves your skin silky and soft.
* Grape Seed oil is an exceptional moisturizer. I like to use it every night. It absorbs well and leaves you with a plump, bright complexion. GSO is packed with Vitamin E, so I suspect it's amazing for stretch marks and other scars. You can find GSO relatively cheap at any health store or even online.
* I love to have some rich color on my lips, but I dislike how bright and garish lipstick can look on me. What I do is layer the color on my lips double time, then blot it off with a tissue until it's nothing more than a vibrant stain. A little vaseline on top will make your lips juicy, as well as hydrate and preserve the color.
* Are you out of your favorite true red lipstick? Never fear! Take the reddest stick you do have and apply it, then take out some black eyeshadow. Make a few small dots of the shadow on your lower lip, then either rub your lips together or otherwise smear to distribute the black. This will darken your lips to the desired shade.
* Are you feeling a cold coming on? I sure was this past weekend! My mom made me a fabulous concoction and I believe it contributed to my recovery. Boil water and add some apple cider vinegar, pepper, honey, and salt. Put into a container and shake whenever you're ready for a drink. Remember to dilute the mixture into some water, as the vinegar can be harmful to your tooth enamel. An added bonus to this cold remedy is that the apple cider vinegar fights acne and gives you a lovely glow, as well as boosts your metabolism. The pepper adds an extra metabolism kick. Honey is also a skin beautifier. Might as well pretty ourselves while we're sick, eh?
* Glucosamine is an excellent supplement for those losing weight or worried about the sagginess that comes with age. Take it daily to help fight loose skin and stretch marks.
* Vaseline, olive oil, and castor oil are all excellent lash conditioners and may even contribute to their growth. Coat your lashes with any of these before bed.
* Slice open a grape and rub over your wrinkles.
* Rosewater is a new favorite of mine. It smells heavenly. I have a little bottle I keep in the fridge. It acts as a marvelous toner and wakes your complexion up. You'll glow!